Tuesday, October 30, 2012

THE FARMER'S DOZEN: BRANDON BRANCH

I'm am pleased as punch to introduce my buddy Brandon Branch. He has probably one of the coolest jobs in the world, as he works for Paula Deen. Perhaps you've heard of her?!


Brandon & I became became fast friends because he loves to put together a fabulous planter, fluff a room for any occasion, and make big ole arrangements that will make you wanna slap your mama for looking so fine. Anytime I'm in Savannah, he's one of those friends I have to see, whether it's a quick bite, a sip of wine, or a day of decorating, he's one of this Farmer's favorite folks.

Akin to a baker's dozen, my Farmer's Dozen is a quantity of a dozen or so questions - a series of questions with fellow designers, authors, tastemakers, friends and Southerners alike. 

THE FARMER'S DOZEN: BRANDON BRANCH
JTF: Where do you hail from?  
BB:Tylertown, Mississippi

JTF: Here's another reason Brandon and I are friends--we're from the tiniest dots on the map. 
  
JTF: If you were a color, what would you be and why? 
BB:Orange, because it makes me happy for some reason!

JTF: I love orange too, it's one of my favorite colors. Brandon, if I had to guess, I'd say an Hermes orange! Love the way you incorporate vivid colors like orange into your gardens or by pulling it as an accent into any room. 

JTF: What are some of your favorite heirlooms? What do you love about them? How have you incorporated them into your decor? 
BB: My Grandfathers belts, I wear them all the time and it reminds me of him. I love the memories they hold. I have them rolled up in a basket in my bedroom.

JTF: What's your favorite room in your home? Dinning Room

JTF: Brandon, that may be my favorite room in your house too--your dining room is pitch perfect for any occasion, it's clear your dining room is the heart of your home. One thing you do in your dining room that I love is that sitting down to your table --there's a bust in your dining room gifted to you from Paula -it's a conversation starter for sure!

JTF: Favorite scent?  
BB: Egypt pomegranate  
  
JTF: What's growing in your garden? 
BB: Persian Limes, Kale, Passion Vine, and Dragon wing Begonias 

JTF: I'm so envious of your subtropical Savannah garden!

JTF: What is your favorite thing about Savannah? 
BB: Living in the historic district and being able to walk everywhere while carrying a cocktail! 

That may be this Farmer's favorite thing too!

JTF: What was it like to meet Oprah ? 
BB: That was 2 days of my life I will never forget.  She is more than you could ever imagine! The thought of it makes me still tear up!

JTF: What's your favorite pattern?  
BB: Call me cheesy but I love a touch of leopard print!!

JTF: What's your favorite garden flavor? 
BB: Cilantro 

JTF: How do you incorporate it into your favorite dishes?
BB: I could eat Mexican food every meal so it fits right in!

JTF: What do you call your grandmother? 
BB: Maw Maw    

JTF: Share a story about her... Maybe tell us about something you've inherited from her. 
BB: She taught me my love of plants, flowers and the finer things in life. Because of her I am standing here today!!

JTF: What's the last meal you made at home?   
BB: Braised Short Ribs with horseradish mashed potatoes  

JTF: Who did you share it with?  
BB: I had a dinner party with 6 of my closest friends who I don't get to see nearly enough.

JTF: I am always telling my clients that coffee tables are like mini representations of our lives. So what's on your coffee table? 
BB: A Jonathon Adler bowl full of orchids, A book on Louis Vuitton and a large shell full of wasp nest. The wasp nest are from my parents farm in Mississippi.

JTF: That's such a beautiful representation of you as bits of your home, an homage to style icons, & reminders of the beauty of bringing the outdoors inside. Thanks for being with us for this Farmer's Dozen.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...