Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Style a la Senoia

So my dear friend, Carmen Johnston, and I had the opportunity to be photographed working some Christmas magic at the Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia… to say we had a ball is an understatement. Carmen is a floral and container design diva and I am glad to call her my friend. We’ve had the chance to work together before and this photo shoot was a delight. Our friend Jamie McPherson made the house fabulous with his interior design magic, so our work was just the icing on the cake for holiday décor!



Here are a few highlights and tidbits from the shoot and more to come hopefully in a Holiday issue of the magazine next year! Merry Merry!!!

  • Red and green are super, but other colors can be fun too! Coppers, oranges, whites, and tones of green can be very festive as well for the holidays.
  • Try using textures for complementing the holiday tableaux with interest. Sorghum, seed pods, dried hydrangeas, and moss all make for textural statements.
  • Grocery Store Décor…  I can’t harp on this enough! A quick trip to your grocer’s produce section and some seasonal greenery makes a lovely statement for the season!
  • Be creative and have fun! There is nothing like taking gifts from the garden and making something marvelous from the provisions granted!

1 comment:

  1. James,
    You make it sound so easy. I know it's not because my mantel looks nothing - and I mean nothing - like this one...
    Love the pics!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...